Life Moves On

My Experience With Technology

Sunday, April 19, 2009

Outlook blocks outgoing mail when Avast turned on

I was using Microsoft outlook that has my Google account configured. I installed avast antivirus recently. Since then i was unable to send emails as i was getting the following message.

""Task 'pop.gmail.com-Sending' reported error (0x800CCC7D): "Your outgoing
(SMTP) server does not support SSL-secured connections. If SSL-secured
connections have worked in the past, contact your server administrator or
Internet service provider (ISP).'"


After much goggling and lots of trial and errors i could fix the problem by changing the outgoing mail server of my account to "smtp.googlemail.com" from "smpt.gmail.com" and setting the port to "465"

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This helped alot, thanks!
(outlook 2010)

 
At 1:11 PM, Blogger Alex said...

I do backup every week on my MS Outlook. Last week I did it again and something happened. I didn't understand the reason. But promptly used the Inet and successfully perceived there a feasible solution. It was the tool which should assist in this question not less than me in mine - fix outlook 2000.

 
At 6:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mahesh, your a genius!! I have avast!, and this solved my issue. I have to Gmail accounts and the blocking was only on one of them.

Thanks lots. (Outlook 2002)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home